Thursday, May 29, 2008

magician's duel


Here's a little test screen for one of my current projects. This is going to be an animation about plurals, as demonstrated by a magician's duel.

The background was painted in Photoshop. I thought I'd try the whole rendered background vs. flat characters look.

The characters are built in Flash. You can't tell in this screenshot, but the characters are made of lots of separated out pieces: legs, hands, feet, heads, faces, etc. Then I can go and animate them sort of like puppets. I'm not much of an animator, so trying to animate a magical duel is going to be a bit of a challenge. Should be fun though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found you through Blog Nosh and am bookmarking your site! I do blog design work in Photoshop, and I could learn a lot from you. Thanks for being generous with your work and your desire to teach others.

Blessings,
Dawn