Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wat Tambor (he's a Star Wars dude)



I've been scouring old archived dvd's and hard drives trying to find an old photo I need to an upcoming book catalog. As a result, I've been stumbling across a lot of old random bits of art. I just found this little Flash illustration I had completely forgotten about.

A few years back I worked at a little place called Lucas Learning. I came on about a year before Star Wars Episode 1, and worked on related products for several years. Let's just say, while I absolutely loved working there, I don't ever need to see that movie ever again. I also had access to a lot of random background information to characters that were onscreen for maybe 3 seconds. I used to be able to tell you the names of all 24 pod racers and where they came from and who wanted to kill whom, and who was into karaoke (seriously).

Anyway, above is one of those random background dudes from Star Wars. I had to look him up just now to remember who he was, and I guess not so surprised to see he even has his own action figure. Go Wat Tambor.

Click on the button on his chest for a surprise!

4 comments:

Christopher Ross said...

Great drawing Maryn! This alien race was considered for one project I worked on. However we never could remember what the official name was so we just called them "Tooth Heads". :)

Anonymous said...

toast me up, toots!

Julie Barfuss said...

Hi Maryn!!! I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! It's great to see you are still doing amazing illustrations (naturally!) when you get a minute...email me sometime. juliemchood at gmail dot com. :)

Canada Cheapest Online Pharmacy said...

This information is very bright, I think it is good that we all know something about this ... thanks for sharing information ...