Friday, July 13, 2012

day 12: cabin pressure


Super exciting party girl me is partying it up this Friday night. Yep, I'm sittin' at my computer working on some freelance. Shake it up woot woot! Actually, I have a silly grin on my face while working because I am listening to some John Finnemore. I can't always listen to audiobooks or tv shows while I am working. It depends on what I'm doing. If it's just straight-up painting without too much brainwork, I like to mix it up and listen to something besides music.

So earlier this year I maybe got a little obsessed with the whole BBC Sherlock show. Which introduced me to a BBC radio show called Cabin Pressure. It's an old-school style radio sitcom about a small crew of a charter jet airline. Or rather as they only have one plane, it's more of an air-dot.

It's written by John Finnemore, who also plays the resident idiot Arthur (see photo above) and it is HI-larious. Basically go to YouTube and type in his name, and listen to anything that comes up. (link to YouTube channel that has all the Cabin Pressure episodes) His Souvenir Programme is also quite entertaining.

Alrighty! Back to Qikiqtarjuaq and painting! Happy weekend to you!


No comments: